Affiliate marketing is a simple way to make money online by advertising another company’s goods or services. You get paid a small amount each time you refer a new client to their website.
Affiliate marketing nowadays is the dream source of full-time income for many individuals worldwide. With the ongoing pandemic, many would prefer working peacefully from the comfort of their homes to avoid the risk of contracting the virus.
As an affiliate marketer, you don’t require any starting capital, years of experience, or an office. Having a website is not even an essential requirement in the current world. Who wouldn’t love this kind of lifestyle?
Most individuals believe that you need a website to generate revenue from Affiliate Programs, but this is not the case. It is easy to conduct your affiliate marketing channels even when you don’t have any website.
Affiliate marketing without a website offers individuals some benefits such as a generally high authority with google and lots of internal traffic. This makes it easy for one to achieve SEO rankings. The main objective in this industry is delivering the appropriate content to the right client at the appropriate time.
- Do You Need A Website To Do Affiliate Marketing?
- Should You Create A Website To Do Affiliate Marketing?
- Is doing Affiliate Marketing Without A Website Sustainable?
- Why Don’t People Do Affiliate Marketing Without A Website?
- Ways To Do Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
- Pros Of Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
- Cons Of Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
- In Conclusion
Do You Need A Website To Do Affiliate Marketing?
There is a general belief that makes individuals believe that they can’t succeed in affiliate marketing without setting up a website. Even though setting up a website or running a blog has proved to be a sure way to success, you can still succeed as an affiliate marketer without these two.
The major hack in this industry is knowing sending targets to an affiliate partner’s site. You are good to go once you understand how to get people to click on affiliate links and buy the products or services therein.
As much as having a website can help you become a successful affiliate, it is not a primary key to success here, and it is unnecessary. The process of setting up your website takes a lot of time and maybe expensive, which most people don’t like.
This is why many affiliate marketers have managed to skip this step and still succeeded in the industry. It seems complicated and even impossible to do affiliate marketing without a website from many people’s views. Luckily, with the right ways and strategies,
it is something that can be done. Whether you have a website or not, the most crucial thing in this industry is sending referrals and directing traffic to your affiliate partners.
Affiliate marketers need to balance what their partners are offering and their client’s needs at that particular time. To achieve this, one needs a reliable source of traffic and an appealing product to promote.
You cannot earn commissions if you don’t have anything to advertise and sell to your target audience. You can choose various options, and you only need the suitable one for you and your audience.
The secret that many successful affiliate marketers are choosing the right product or niche in the market. A website can be used, but it has never been a necessity to achieve success.
Should You Create A Website To Do Affiliate Marketing?
We have already seen that setting up a website is very time-consuming and requires a lot of resources. Success in affiliate marketing is highly dependent on the amount of effort that one puts into it.
Creating a website and embarking on advertising products or services is never enough, and there is a lot of work required. Having a website helps you refer visitors to products that meet their demands and earn commissions for each successful referral.
The good thing about creating websites is that it doesn’t take much start-up capital. Even with the lowest of budgets, one can start a blog and begin posting content.
Additionally, your website can be automated easily with dedicated tools which streamline the whole process, including content production.
Creating an affiliate marketing website can be done in three simple steps. These are;
- Select a niche for your website and search for a relatable affiliate program. Deciding on the niche that you will dedicate your website to, is the first step. You can choose to be specific about it or go for a general one. It is recommended that you focus on specific products when starting up before you can diversify. After that, you can pick the affiliate programs that correspond with the niche chosen. Picking already established programs such as amazon is recommended here.
- Create the domain and locate a suitable web host. You will have a domain name for the website you are setting up. You can choose any registrar you prefer, provided that you pay for it. After that, you can search for an ideal hosting plan that meets your budget demands. WordPress is regarded as the best for affiliate websites.
- Start producing content for the chosen niche. The last start entails making content that is relevant to your niche. The more content you post on your website, the more traffic you attract. You need to publish content regularly while optimizing it for specific keywords.
Is doing Affiliate Marketing Without A Website Sustainable?
An affiliate website without a website is very sustainable, provided that it is done appropriately. It needs to be regarded as a business and not a hobby or something else.
As a business model, you need to create an ecosystem around the product you are promoting to make it sustainable. For example, if you choose to market apple products, you can create an ecosystem around them.
When a person buys an iPhone, he/she will require iTunes for the apps and setup. These two products are related to each and customers will always need the two of them, making it sustainable.
The following are some of the tips that can help you make affiliate marketing without a website sustainable;
- Always diversify your efforts as much as you can. You should utilize different methods that can help you make sales. A single method will never be sufficient to earn you good commissions.
- Produce your content instead of trying to outsource it. Creating the content yourself makes it easy for you to convey the knowledge you want and build a connection with your followers, which is needed to generate sales.
- Research your keywords properly by focusing on the long-tail keywords that have less competition in search engines. This will help you get good leads to your website.
Why Don’t People Do Affiliate Marketing Without A Website?
Most people in the affiliate marketing industry go about their business with the help of a website. A common myth has made these individuals believe that a website is needed to get yourself started in affiliate marketing.
For this reason, new affiliate marketers are always looking to set up a website first before they can start promoting products and services. For a long time, affiliate programs have always been carried with the help of a website by many individuals.
The main reason why people don’t do affiliate marketing without a website is because of the benefits a landing page offers. Affiliates have the worst reputation in society, and most individuals regard them as suspicious or scams.
Landing pages are vital in changing customer experience to be more transparent, and customers love that. These pages help make your offers more appealing and make your program more credible.
Having social proof is very valuable in the affiliate business, and that is what landing pages bring to the table.
Ways To Do Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
There are various ways to promote affiliate products without the hustle of setting up a website first. The following are some of the alternatives that you can choose from;
1. Posting on forums and online platforms
The internet helps bring together like-minded people in the online forums and platforms, which are the best places that create opportunities to advertise your affiliate products.
One needs to identify the best forum with the audience interested in the products they are advertising. Next, you will need to check if this forum allows affiliate links before you can sign up and start engaging in their conversations.
Another way of accessing an online forum platform is by creating your own and adding people to it, such as a Facebook group where you discuss topics related to your niche.
When conducting affiliate marketing using this way, you must build good relationships and develop trust with the audience. It will be easier to attract potential clients from the audience after they have trusted you.
2. Running solo ads
Solo ads allow us to reach market opportunities by paying to advertise your affiliate deals on other people’s email lists.
Solo ads work after looking for influencers in an already established to help run an ads service for you. These influencers send your offers to their followers for a fee paid at a rate by click.
Solo ads generate instant commissions and lots of opt-ins when your affiliate runs a contest for opt-ins. It is crucial that you counter-check the reputation your solo ads provide before engaging them.
These ads also provide you with the best way of testing an offer before putting too much time into other marketing means.
3. Using a YouTube channel
YouTube ranks second behind Google in search engines worldwide and offers the best platform for generating affiliate revenue without using a website.
This platform requires one to create quality content and master the art of leveraging keywords to enhance the reach your videos have while building a loyal audience.
If you don’t have a website, YouTube is ideal for advertising affiliate products and attracting direct traffic to the affiliate programs with reasonable offers.
In addition, you can also make money through advertising revenue whereby you sign up for YouTube’s affiliate program and put ads on your videos. Good quality content is essential when using the YouTube option.
4. Using content publishing platforms
Various publishing platforms offer these services for free, which you can use to market your affiliate partners. The major platforms are Steemit and Medium, where anyone can open an account and start posting content for everyone to see.
These platforms have close to 100 million readerships, which provides the best analytic tools to track your article’s engagement. They also come with high domain authority that is essential in ranking your content on Google.
When using these platforms, one must inform their readers about the affiliate links in their content to evade any problems with the moderators.
One may have to sign up and wait until they are verified before posting affiliate content on some mediums.
5. Email promotion
With or without a website, email advertising is a powerful method for affiliate marketing. Some businesses can sell you an email list, but the consistency of these lists cannot be depended upon.
Many vendors offer sign-up form solutions and hosting, so you won’t need a website. To get people to give you their email addresses, you’ll need to make a convincing offer in return.
Anything from a free guide to a free course or resource qualifies. You must guide traffic to your sign-up page after you’ve designed your form and generated your bid.
You can use social media to create your list faster, and you can even use paid social media ads. You should start sending daily emails and promoting your affiliate products once you have many subscribers.
Focus on assisting your audience with valuable and insightful email content that provides value, just as you would with any other type of affiliate marketing.
Pros Of Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
- The alternative mediums you use, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram, are highly trusted by Google, making your content rank even without links.
- It is easy to avoid the period of sandbox associated with new websites.
- It is much safer to direct links to pages on authoritative websites without the fear of facing repercussions from Google.
- It is easy to grow links and improve ranking within a short period.
- The popular mediums offer brand equity which can generate higher clicks via rates compared to your website.
Cons Of Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
- You will not be able to build a brand that increases in value and which can be sold for good money in the future.
- The medium you use to promote products and services can ban your affiliate links or close them down from their platform.
- You can’t guarantee the credibility of your links in alternative mediums as compared to your website.
There are many ways to use affiliate marketing without the need to have a website. Regardless of the way you choose, you must remain consistent with the content and offer your followers or readers quality and helpful content every time.
Lastly, ensure that you track your progress, exercise patience, and work to build your brand.
I hope you found this little post about whether or not you need a website to do affiliate marketing helpful and informational. Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below.